FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Is Neko touring with TNP right now?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmeyer
occupant

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: Is Neko touring with TNP right now? Reply with quote

Will be at the Saskatoon show - wondering if there is any chance that Neko is going to be there...
RyanD
comeback kid

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty sure the whole band's doing this initial leg but i'm not 100% on that
Scott
occupant

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know she is. I'm emailing her website to find out for sure. I'm seeing the Columbus show and I'll be bummed if the full line up isn't there.
RyanD
comeback kid

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my ticket for Columbus, too. Cheers! I'm pretty sure we're getting full line-up.
guidedbyboognish
star body

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for sounding like an asshole, but you really shouldn't care, the band sound as good when neko isn't there.
Scott
occupant

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guidedbyboognish wrote:
sorry for sounding like an asshole, but you really shouldn't care, the band sound as good when neko isn't there.

You don't sound like an asshole, but it'll be my first time seeing them, and Neko and Dan are such an integral part of that band I'd like to see them at least once.
Mister E
occupant

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: North America Tour Reply with quote

The full 8 person line up will be there for the North American dates. In addition an multi instrumentalist will be filling in some other gaps as well! It will be a full stage
RyanD
comeback kid

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they sound great and always give a satisfying performance despite who's there. And AC Newman and Neko Case both put on great shows in their own right, from my experience. I've just never seen the full band together yet, and would love to hear Dan and Neko perform the new songs. Plus, the Lady Gaga concerts are all sold out!
elduderino72
occupant

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject: Neko playing TNP right now Reply with quote

Hi!
The London and Berlin gigs were without both Neko and Dan. There was a new background singer standing between CArl and Kathrin, but since Carl didn't do any band presentatation I have no idea who she was. I second guidedbyboognish in saying that they are perfectly working without the two. Actu8ally, I have seen them 4th time now, and no Neko was on any of these. No big complaints, but havin g seen Neko last year in Toronto I really wonder how the gig changes...
Wink
Chops
admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The multi-instrumentalist/singer on tour with the NP's in Europe right now is the very talented Miranda Brown, who some folks might recognize from the last A.C. Newman tour (she sang and played bass in his band). She is also a member of Crooked Fingers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miranda_Brown
Eric Cardinal
occupant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Full Band for Sasquatch Reply with quote

They were all there for the Sasquatch Festival in WA on Memorial Day. Great show, though they were on the second stage. Better for fans since we could get closer but they deserved to be featured. Will be seeing them again in July in LA.
elduderino72
occupant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky yous. Just read that Neko was singing backing vocals for Mr Dylan junior during the European tour. Enjoy!
AllCirclesVanish
occupant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chops wrote:
The multi-instrumentalist/singer on tour with the NP's in Europe right now is the very talented Miranda Brown, who some folks might recognize from the last A.C. Newman tour (she sang and played bass in his band). She is also a member of Crooked Fingers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miranda_Brown

She was also on stage at the Woodstock pre-tour warm up show! I mean, there were so many harmonies onstage. Imagine how kickass "Testament to Youth in Verse" was! Seriously, if you can catch this tour, DO IT.
elduderino72
occupant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was not too bad in Berlin either. NA tour not an option (transatlantic flight). I'm toying with the Sheperd Bush Show in December, though.
twin cineaste
mass romantic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Miranda Brown, does anyone know why she was absent from the Brooklyn show at the Bell House (which I attended) and the New York City show at Terminal 5 (of which I saw the photos on BrooklynVegan.com)? Has she appeared at any of the prior North America tour dates?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Letter From An Occupant All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: